Riverbank Charter School of Excellence
Title 1 Program - General Information
Title I is a federal program under the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) as reauthorized by the No Child Left Behind Act of 2001 (NCLB). Title I covers the fiscal and program requirements for improving the academic achievement of students who attend schools eligible for Title I. The purpose of Title I is to ensure that all students have a fair, equal, and significant opportunity to obtain a high-quality education and reach, at minimum, proficiency on challenging State academic achievement standards and state academic assessments.
The goal of Riverbank Charter School of Excellence’s Title I Program is to provide academic excellence for our students to acquire the knowledge and skills contained in the challenging Student Learning Standards. This is accomplished by:
Title 1 funds are used to fund staff and learning materials for all Riverbank Charter School of Excellence students.
The cornerstones of the Title I program continue to be cooperation and accountability. School stakeholders have the opportunity to collaborate and develop a plan which takes into consideration effective instructional practices and evidence-based methods of improving student achievement, professional development and community involvement.
Parents are an important part of the Title I team!
Parents are encouraged to be active at Riverbank Charter School of Excellence. Here is a list of a few ways parents can be involved:
- See that your child regularly attends school and arrives on time.
- Make sure your child gets adequate sleep and has a healthy diet.
- Provide a quiet time and place for homework.
- Ask questions about what your child is learning and communicate the importance of education.
- Maintain current telephone numbers, contact information, and medical information.
- Communicate regularly with your child's teachers through email, phone calls, and in-person conversations.
- Attend Back-to-School Nights, Parent-Teacher Conferences, PTO meetings and other school events
- Regularly review the school's website for upcoming events and programs.